Pages

06 April, 2011

Decór for measely dollars!

I moved into an apartment when I relocated to Texas and didn't feel the need to overspend on decorating. I also didn't want to just throw a bed in a room and so I ventured out to the dollar tree and found me some cheap dollar frames and mats to hang up some pictures.  The mats gives the framing a professional touch so I always recommend matting your artwork and photos.




Photography is my second career/hobby so I didn't have a hard time picking those out. I recommend picking some candid photos to mix up the batch.  For printing, I chose to go with a higher end consumer photolab, Mpix.  I chose a Lustre finish since I'm not a fan of Glossy prints. Since the mats consume some portion of the frame, I printed 5X7 for a 8x10 frame and 4x6 for 5x7 frame size.  For 4x6 frame size, I printed 4x6 sizes but made sure to account for enough spacing around the subject. 



I was too picky about the layout patterned.  I staggered them on my carpet to make sure it was eye pleasing and hung them up on the wall above my headboard. Just word of caution, make sure the frames are secure so it doesn't fall on your head when you are sleeping :)





Cost break down of this project:
  • Photo prints = $10
  • Frames = $9
  • Mats = $4
  • Hooks to hang the frames $2
Total Cost = $26

No comments:

Post a Comment